Quantcast

Butterbean and Larry Holmes?

George Jefferson
This fight was nothing more than a circus attraction. Everybody knew that Butterbean was a joke when he lost to a flabby 52 year-old.

Re: Butterbean and Larry Holmes?

Duggerman
Administrator
Well, Butterbean slimmed down for this fight...kinda.

The most exciting moment happened in the 10th round when Larry was knocked down, although many count it as a slip. I haven't watched it in a while so I don't remember if the knockdown was legit or not.

Re: Butterbean and Larry Holmes?

Entaowed
I saw it a couple of times.  Nah, he totally slipped.  He was rallying & winning the round easily, & just stepped wrong & fell back.  The announcer 1st said they made the right decision, but I dunno how.  They reversed themselves when the replay showed Butterbean had virtually no contact with Holmes before he staggered back & fell all over the ropes.

Re: Butterbean and Larry Holmes?

Duggerman
Administrator
Yeah...definitely a slip. And to think...if Butterbean had won this fight, he might have gotten a fight against Mike Tyson. Oddly enough, I would have liked to see it.